Monday, October 30, 2006

God

I wish I could hand you concrete proof on a platter (a silver one, at that) that God exists. Not just for you, but sometimes for me too. I think that life, esp. the Christian life, would be so much easier to live if God parted the clouds and spoke directly to me.

I believe in God most fervently, don't get me wrong. Just last Sunday I had an experience that assured me of this. It was one of those moments where a light bulb goes on inside your head and a chill ripples out from your spine and you think, "Of course!" But from time to time, I think all Christians have doubts. I've been going through this tunnel lately, looking for God's guidance, wondering if I'm right to put my faith in the Christian religion.

There's also times, however, like the experience I just mentioned. Those times when I get the soft thrill of recognition that God is reaching out to me, telling me that He really does love me and cares for me more than I could comprehend. I could never prove to you that God does this to me - it's something mystical that's entirely out of the evidence arena. I think this is ultimately what draws me back when I contemplate the sturdiness of the rock on which I stand. Really, who can explain the logic of faith? It's a leap into the dark, a leap onto something that you hope will help you stand.

2 Comments:

Blogger Novori said...

To summarize what could take days to write: Faith is a pretty funny deal.

Oh, and this site's CSS/HTML editting is retarded.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Novori said...

Write more. Give me something to read at all hours of the night.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home