Monday, November 20, 2006

Only Hope

"There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write
over and over again
I'm awake and in the infinite cold
But You sing to me over and over and
over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands
And pray to be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope"

This is the first half of Switchfoot's song Only Hope. I listen to it when I have something pressing on my mind - and make it a prayer, by listening to it. Can you do that? Make a song a prayer by listening to it repeatedly?

Sometimes I wonder how much of my circumstances are directly coordinated by God. For instance, last week, I had a plan in my mind of something I was going to do, and God fashioned the situation so that it nudged me not to do it. I was not planning on doing anything necessarily bad, but I wondered if God was saying, gently, "Do not do this. At least, not here."

Or was it completely a coincedence (I know that's mispelled, but I do not have the initiative to correct it.)? I'm inclined not to believe so. But then, that'd be me and my beliefs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bernice said...

Twenty-four by Switchfoot does that to me. Maybe it's a switchfoot thing? : )

We have to hang out sometime this week. I'm not giving you an option. Just give me a call and tell me when is a good time for you.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Yes, I'm Catholic said...

I like the thought you put into your post.

Music is powerful. I'm glad you're using it for prayer. I do that, too.

Bernice is right about Switchfoot. They inspire that kind of thing.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Novori said...

Mmm... Following your conscious is always good. Being honest with yourself is even better.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Novori said...

By "conscious", I of course mean "conscience".

Ugh...

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home